CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Springggg Breakkk

Hey guys!
Just got back from Spring Break. Instead of being grateful for journey mercies and for a beautiful trip, I am in a very blah mood. I hadn't seen my friends in 2 years anD when I finally saw them it was BEAUTIFUL! Honestly after my immediate family, my high school family is next. It's funny cuz we did not even do all the things people think you usually need to do to have a good time - no partying or drinking or any of that. But it was so chilled! And their weather that is usually very crappy was good...someone must have told Mother Nature I was coming, hehe.
Anyway since yesterday I was pretty sad, I really did not want to leave. This morning I was about to cry but I was like nah man I'm a bigss gyel! Lol. As expected I've already looked up ticket prices for a return date.
- If you have friends in your life that you visit just because you want to build memories, thank God.
- If you have friends who do not make you take a cab from the airport, thank God.
- If you have friends who do not make you pay for anything when you get to their city, thank God **it's a recession yo!**
- If you have friends whose friends love you before they even meet you because you are their friend's friend, thank God.
- If you have friends whose clothes and shoes and jewelry you acquire *cough* thank
God.
- If you have friends who you KNOW will be in your life forever, thank God.
- If you have friends who tell you to stop talking to that guy no matter what...or tell you to give this fellow a chance, thank God.
- If you have friends whose older brother makes you feel like a little sister and very much protected, thank God.
- If you have friends who do your hair for free, thank God *woooot! woooot!* haha!
- If you have friends who keep you up till 6am and all you do is gist about any and everything, thank God.
- If you have friends who bring out the best in you and teach you that it is good to have a social life, but it is even more important to be focused and to be the best in whatever you put your mind to, thank God.

My friend asked me why my BBM status was sad and when I told her it was because I did not want to come back to school, she said smile, Jesus loves you.
Soooo I am going to smile because I have these friends, and Jesus knew what He was doing when He brought them into my life and this way, I will cherish what I have - the weekends we spend together, the trips, the birthdays and milestones we witness in each other's lives, ALL OF IT.

On another note we have roughly 5/6 weeks left in the semester, time to throw everything I have into it. I am still not sure what I am doing this Summer - surprisingly I am not fretting too much...*bites nails*
I turned in a couple of applications over the break, I'm gonna sort out a few more before the weekend ends, then sit back and wait for God to open the doors that should be open and close the doors that should be closed.

Between, do you guys ever feel like some laws in the old Testament do not apply to you? It's kind of selective memory, we choose to remember what we want to remember until God directly points it out. I finally got to meet this guy I had heard much about. He is friends with a bunch of my really good friends. He is Christian, he's foineee, and he's really nice. I'm so sure he sees me more as a little sister than anything else, but sometimes I kept thinking hmm what if he was my significant other? Don't worry it was not a crush or anything, I just went off on one of those thinking sprees. The caveat? He has a girlfriend who is sooo nice! I've only met her once though and she's so gorgeous! That's the main reason he is off limits, lol.
When I left the airport today I was thinking about him and a Bible verse just popped
into my head..."Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's wife, house, land, manservant, maidservant, ox, donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor."
I was just like okay Lord, I get the point. Way to kill that dream. When we think it is nothing major, like Ahab coveting Naboth's vineyard, think back to the little things in your life. Devil starts by sowing a seed, next thing you will flirt with someone that is not your 'property' to start with, then comes lust, and we know how the story goes. Please let's not go into this whole game of not blaming the other woman, but laying all the blame at the feet of the man who cheats on his girlfriend or wife. If he cheats with you, he will cheat on you - believe that. So whatever it is, nip it in the bud, it's ALWAYS easier!
Lots of love, and I hope your weather is as good as mine in this city! Summer is finally rearing its head! :-) xoxo

2 comments:

K said...

I completely agree with the whole coveting part. These days, I try to think of it this way: that whether he (whoever he may be at the time) has a significant other or not, he still does not belong to me so I should not be coveting/yearning. Idk if that makes sense? : )

Princess said...

Yes! So true! Reminds me of something someone said "If you're not married, you're single.."
So even if it is just a boyfriend, the person does not belong to me, talkless of some other random person! :)