CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Handling Doses of Love

I remember back in Secondary School, it was always sooo annoying hearing guys say "I like 2 girls" or "I have a crush on 2 girls". I always thought, wth are you on about? It is not possible to like more than one person dammit!
Years later, I think I understand what they mean.
For the past month I've been gushing about this guy who is more or less a Nigerian celebrity. I'm at that point in my life where I am ready to settle down in a serious relationship. Maybe not tomorrow, but I just know that I'm past having flings and all that. On that note, I'm not trying to say I would marry this guy *even though Lord knows I wouldn't say no!!* lol. But I just want to meet him. I follow him on twitter and he seems to have a wonderful sense of humor. I need someone to keep me laughing even when life brings some lows. But it goes beyond that. He's smart. Seeing the way he has marketed himself and all that, plus the kind of 'tweet-versations' he's engaged in -is that even a word??!-
I find myself googling a bunch of stuff after reading his tweets, just because no knowledge is ever wasted. Doesn't hurt that he's foine! No harm in wanting a face you can look at when you're old and in a rocking chair! Anyway, this post isn't about him. I've bugged him so much on twitter I fear he's tempted to block me.
This is beyond that though. It's more in line with the times I feel the need to 'gush' about him. Most times he does not even cross my mind until I get online. And sometimes I'm just like, this dude has too many chics who'd give up an arm and a leg for him. it's bad enough that guys get tempted but I'm not trying to bag a lad that I can't even enjoy for myself with every lady and their grandma vying for his attention as well.
It's at times like this that I turn to this other guy...who by the way I haven't met either #dontjudgeme
His brother is one of my friends and we have a bunch of mutual friends but I have never actually met him. A few days ago I was telling my friend that I never thought I'd see the day when I'd crush on 2 guys...but here I am, day dreaming of being with BOTH of them!
Yesterday in Church during worship we sang this song I specifically love this part:

I have a Father, He calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

It got me thinking about how easily we take God for granted. Sometimes we say, oh I need a bf or a gf but do you ever step back and think about WHY you 'want' this person in your life? Because believe me, it's not a need. Usually we just want this person to validate us. Someone to say "you're beautiful" or someone to call you for 3 hours everyday and someone to tell you you are loved. What's the guarantee that this will make you feel better about yourself? At most, you'll be on cloud 9 for a couple of minutes or an hour or so, but after that, life goes on. Why is it so easy to want validity in human beings who betray our trust than God who says He is faithful, even when we are faithless?
I thought about the words to that song and I thought, wow! God does call me His own. Even when I have mood swings, He'll never leave me. Even when I try to keep my thoughts to myself, and when I cry in the comfort of my room/apartment or the silence of my heart, He sees and He is ready to comfort me and ease my pain.
So let's try handling the love God constantly throws at us before we yearn for the love of a guy or girl. God's love is stable and when it throws surprises at you, they are always good ones. You're never going to sit up thinking why doesn't He love me anymore? Or why isn't He calling me, because God doesn't do any of that! When you fully understand God's love and you get your daily dose, trust me you'll be better able to understand and handle the love of man!

xxx's and Jesus loves you!

0 comments: