CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Word

I need to write.
I need to pour out my feelings somewhere and empty myself so I can be filled.
I just got some weird/bad news. Nothing too drastic but you know when you think you have everything all planned out then a piece of the puzzle is missing that messes everything else up?
I really do not understand God's ways and yes, His ways are not our ways.
So I am waiting in His sanctuary because I neeeeed to be filled.
If you are reading this, I would appreciate a prayer or two.
Wooooo-sahhhh...

Today I want to talk about the Word. I am attracted to this guy who is 8 years my senior. It's not a crush I am enjoying, I want it to go away because if it is God's will for my life, it will come back. Until then, it is distracting me.
Last week in Bible study the speaker talked about how we spit out what we take in.
If I read romance novels constantly, my thoughts are filled with make-believe prince charming-s
If I read Chemistry, I'm thinking formulas.
If I watch BET, I am thinking excessive exposure of our temples, songs that do not glorify God, and generally things of the flesh.
The same way the more I 'stalk' *cough* this guy, the more I create my wedding in my head.
And yet again the same way if I stay in my Word, the more my Spirit thrives and the quicker my flesh dies. Over the weekend and part of last week it seemed like the Spirit kept leading me back to my word. Not particularly Bible passages, but just telling me I need to study more. Sometimes I complain that I cannot hear God's voice, yet the one He has given me in the form of the Bible, in plain black and white, I refuse to study as often as I should.

For the word of God is hidden and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. >> Hebrews 4: 12, 13

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. >> 2 Timothy 3:16, 17

But by the word I do not only mean the Bible.
John 5:39 says>> You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me to have life.

Yes, "Many books inform, but only one transforms - the Bible"...Jesus is the word. Stay rooted in Him, because all else is sinking sand.

P.s, listen to this song. It just gave me peace.

The greatest of these is Love - God is Love

3 comments:

olusimeon said...

enjoyed your post..
just stick with God..he's more faithful than we know sometimes..
cheers

Chichi {From Now Till I Do} said...

So true.
God's word is truth and so powerful.

K said...

I so get this. I really do. And what U said about staying deeply rooted in the word is true. There's a hymn that goes: "Fix Ur eyes on Jesus...and the things of the world will grow dim." That's where I'm at right now...tryna fix my eyes. : )