CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fear

**Have you ever lost a loved one, who you thought should still be here? Do you know what it feels like, to be tangled up in fear?**

That was the part of this song that caught my attention. Not as often as before but these days, at least once a week I remember some people I lost who it feels should definitely still be here - I remember them in the roles they would have been playing and the places I imagined they'd be today, and then I give it all to God and say Daddy, let your will be done, help me accept it and keep me strong till I see them again.
Sometimes that is not enough to stop the fear. For instance, I am no longer scared of being in a plane crash, but I am scared everytime a loved one has to fly. It is almost a certain kind of paranoia for my family members, but it is almost as bad for my friends. This is wrong and I KNOW this is not what God intended for me. 2 Timothy 1:7 says: "For God has not given us a Spirit of fear but of power, of love and of a sound mind.
What I love most about that verse is the power!
I mentioned a conference I went for this weekend - the power of the Holy Spirit. Like, WOW! I have never been so aware of it in my life. It was like we all forgot the devil even existed. See what we do not understand as Christians is Jesus ALREADY fought the battle, He already defeated the devil and took the key from him. We are FREE. Free to speak to that mountain move, and it will move. Free to succeed. Free to be healed. Free to overcome principalities and powers because of the Spirit in us. Free to live!
Yet we let the devil keep us in fear. I am re-reading one of my favorite books, This Present Darkness. I read it 2 years ago and I was a bit scared but it made me aware of the power of prayer. When I started it this time I thought I was going to get scared all over again because it makes you so aware of the fact that there are evil powers out there, but I remembered that I am already an overcomer, and that was what happened this weekend at the conference. ALL Focus was on God's power. His healing power, His love, the way He soothes me, all that good stuff. Like I am more confident in my Christianity and the resources Jesus has given me. The truth is the devil is already under my feet. He only has as much power as I give him.

So tomorrow, let yourself fall. I promise God will catch you. If He does not, He'll give you a parachute to help you land, if He does not, He'll be right there to put the pieces together when it seems all is broken. But remember that you are only able to see tomorrow because He has hope in what you can do for that new day. It's like everyday He gives us new slates to start on, a new page to rewrite the mistakes of yesterday. Don't let fear keep you from pressing on and don't give the devil a title he does not even own.

"The devil is the only 'king' who does not have the keys to his 'palace'. My Master has them" :)

4 comments:

ee said...

This message came right on time.... I experienced the same....And am kicking against fear and giving God all the praise.
The God we are serving is a living God.

K said...

I LOVE this: "let yourself fall. I promise God will catch you. If He does not, He'll give you a parachute to help you land, if He does not, He'll be right there to put the pieces together when it seems all is broken."

Lolia said...

Hello, I am liking that verse. It's my new fave. Okay. That's all. Talk to you in five seconds :)

Jennifer A. said...

I like it when things remind us that there are evil powers out there. The guy preaching at my church this Sunday is a former satanist leader, but now a full-blown child of God. He's been there, done that.

God has not given us the spirit of fear...