CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

not.the.girl.next.door


I am the daughter that everyone mentions should lose weight more often than not. Even when by most standards I am slim as opposed to fat, I am not as skinny as my model-like sisters so I always stand out.
Most comments hurt, but I am more beautiful and talented than most so I bury the words deep down...but if you asked me I could repeat every single sentence.

I am the one who has never worked yet I love to travel. Not necessarily because I want to see the whole World, but I love holidays w my friends. Don't blame me, my high school was a second family. To everyone I seem like the demanding child. I am not. I just do not want to lose every memory we have made and make it be just that, a memory.

I am the daughter whose first year as a freshman was not too good. Yet I am still the A star student. The one who got into one of Nigeria's best high schools, the one with a college scholarship. But how easily people forget, and how quick they are to judge sans first trying on my shoes.

I am the girl who guys love to crush on and love to hate all the same time. It is not my fault I am picky. Maybe I have read too many books, maybe I have watched too many 'happily-ever-afters'. Either way, I shall not settle. There's no such thing as Mr Perfect, so I'll wait for Mr-almost-there. In the meantime, forgive me if I turn you down. It's not you, it's me

I am the servant tempted to hide my talent. I am the once beautiful writer who does not have much to build on these days. Blame all the work I have to do and the fact that I am tired by the end of everyday, or more like exhausted.

In the midst of all these, nothing is too terrible to face. Nothing but the weight comparisons. Don't burst a balloon just because you are done living your childhood, and if you are not giving constructive criticism...save it!

xxx's and Jesus loves you!

4 comments:

chayomao said...

you are who you are...
Unique.
you dance to the sound of your own drum. Those other girls, walk, talk and look the same. nothing out of the ordinary.
Extraordinary is the key!
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!

Princess said...

THANK YOU! I'll remember that. Your comment came at a point where I needed to hear some good news.

x!

Roc said...

Beautifully written..
Eloquent yet succinct..

You were once a beautiful writer.. But here's the NEws Flash!

"YOU STILL ARE!"

Princess said...

Thank you so very much RocNaija! Don't know why I am just seeing this, but this made my day! :) x