CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stand Up...xo


Psalm 139:16

...your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

It shocks me how we twist things that seem so obvious.
It especially shocks me coming from 'Christians'.
I use that word loosely because these days it is hard to tell the difference.
But that is a post for another day.
Today, this is about abortion.

Would you stand for it...if it's been over a month since you last saw red, yet it was 'just that one time'?
Would you stand for it...if you were raped?
Would you stand for it...if you were told there was a high probability your unborn child would have some defect or the other? Probability being the operative word...

Oh Father, please let me never be found wanting. Let me, like Job, praise your name, come rain or Sunshine.
I have always said that I would never support abortion.
Psalm 139:16 invalidates all the arguments of pro-choice'ers'. If the God who made heaven and Earth knows my life, even before I am born, who are you, oh human, to cut it short?

For the critics amongst you who say there is no God, let's look at this from a human point of view. Leave the creator out of this (pardon me Baba, just a second).
I would think there were enough stories on depression AFTER having the abortion. Try talking to someone who has gone through that ordeal. What makes you think you are different and immune to the feelings of guilt?
Or you are a strong believer of experience is the best teacher?
But there are so many other options. There are so many people, single and married who want a child of their own, and there are services to link you up with them? Why not give them a chance?
There are orphanages, who will actually take care of the child?
Your mother may be willing to take care of the child...if she stones you, don't blame me. I said 'may'
Why take the 'safer' route and kill? No point sugar-coating it, for that is what it is. Snuff, extinguish, all-join.
I believe that we should not do things for which we cannot face the consequences. If you wouldn't like the outcome, steer far, far away.
For how you make your bed, so shall you lie in it.

Maybe there are 2 sides to this coin? When do you think abortion is 'okay'? Is it at all okay? Or is it one of those 'under NO circumstances' issues? Feel free to give your reason, because I do not understand.

xxx's and Jesus loves you + your unborn child!

3 comments:

Saved Girl said...

hey! can comment now, smile. This seems like it should be a clear cut answer because I do know the Word makes everything easy. The Truth is always in black and white..the gray is the bologna we put in between to justify our own mess, LOL. Now here is my but. I can easily say, "under no circumstances is an abortion justified, but I haven't had the experience (and hope not) of being pregnant through rape or incest. I have a feeling my sentiment on abortion will change if I am indeed in that tough situation. Just like my views on homosexuality. I know in my heart of hearts that it is wrong, but my view of gays became more 'soft' when I found out my cousin was gay (he is a 'she' now actually). He simply said one day, "Saved Girl, regardless of how I look, my head and heart will never change." That statement changed my life. So, yes,homosexuality is still wrong in my eyes, but I am still very loving to that community....to keep it uber real...I am the biggest Hag...I love them, smile. I know I went back and forth...so to give a definite answer, yes abortion is wrong, but I don't judge anyone that does abort..because in some circumstances I know I would empathize with them. THANK JESUS its not our job to judge (LOL)...that is one job I gladly delegate to the Heavenly Father on a daily basis.

Cidersweet said...

Saved Girl expressed the truth deftly.
I read Francine Rivers' Atonement Child a few yrs ago, and from the character(Dynah's) experience, I know it is tough, but she gave birth to the rape baby.

Hey, sorry about your friends. Who says three years is long enough to get over your grief? Take heart.
Have a good Sunday Princess.

Princess said...

Thank you both! :)
Saved Girl --> True story on the fact that it is not our job to judge, THANK GOD for that! Lol
Cidersweet --> Thank you! I am fine now, maybe it was just one of those stages! I had THE BEST Sunday ever by the way, the Holy Spirit has never been this real!!!!!